Kendall College (Chicago, USA) - The Kendall Cook Challenge
Designing the communications strategy and building alliances for the development of the first two versions of the Kendall Cook Challenge contest.
Three young Colombians were awarded with scholarships to take summer courses at the School of Culinary Arts at Kendall College, the leading institution in Chicago for careers in gastronomy.
Audience: Culinary arts students.
Director general by the agency: Ana Mercedes Vivas, General Manager of Comunicaciones Vivas.
Director by client: Christoper Koetke, CEO of Culinary Arts at Kendall College (Chicago, USA); Jacqueline Carey and Maria Alexandra Velez Henao, Public Relations Managers at Kendall College.
Range: 500 students from 31 schools / faculties of gastronomy in 8 cities (Barranquilla, Bogotá, Cali, Cartagena Medellin, Pereira, Popayán, Pasto and Tunja).
Years: 2013 and 2015
The second edition of the Kendall Cook Challenge (2015).
Under the alliance generated by the Agency, this contest was organized by the Gastronomic Corporation of Popayán under the guidance of Chris Koetke, Vice President of Culinary Arts and one of the most recognized chefs and academics within the food industry in the United States.
The contest took place during the XIII Gastronomic Congress of Popayán, where Koetke participated like jury leader of the end of the contest, like special guest and lecturer.
- Establishment of strategic alliances for the organization of the contest with the Gastronomic Corporation of Popayán and the National Service of Learning (Sena -in Spanish-).
- Sponsorship management with Haceb, official sponsor and EasyFly Airline, allied to the Kendall Cook Challenge.
- Management of the alliance with Revista La Barra (Magazine), leading publication in the sector.
- Production of press contents and impact management in the media.
- Launch of bases of the competitions and calls in faculties and Schools of Gastronomy of the whole country (deans, directors and students), with replica of information in its social networks and Web pages.
- Logistics organization of the contest, both in Bogotá (first edition) and in Popayán (second edition).
- Media Agenda for Chris Koetke, CEO of Culinary Arts at Kendall College (Chicago, USA).
Kendall College was positioned in the public opinion and the target audience (talented young people who want to make their career in gastronomy and do it in an international way), as the ideal institution to realize their professional dreams.